Here’s a miscellaneous collection of knowledge that I accumulated during Calendar year 2008. I would call them random, but really I have applied some sort of cognitive processing to display only certain ones, so it’s really not a random collection, but rather, miscellaneous. You might have known them already. Big deal.
- Dogs, especially males, will scratch the ground to leave their scent, which in this case emanates from glands between their toes.
- While logged in to a Windows XP machine using Remote Desktop, ctrl-alt-end (rather than ctrl-alt-del) will invoke the Windows Security dialog, to let you restart, look at task manager, etc.
- Plaxico Burress is a person, not a medication.
- WordPress is cool.
- There’s no such thing as a panther. Panther is a misnomer for a leopard, cougar or jaguar.
- Fernando Tatis is the only Major League baseball player ever to hit two grand slam home runs in one inning.
- In a group, each dog howls intentionally out of tune with the others so its voice is distinct.
- The movie Fargo wasn’t a portrayal of actual events. Not even inspired by actual events. The whole thing was made up.
- The UEFA Champions League is a competition comprised of the best teams (by standings from the previous year) of the “best” leagues of European football (the “best” leagues being determined by a complicated ranking system), with better leagues earning their clubs more spots in the competition than the lesser leagues.